Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hard to believe its been 6 weeks

Tomorrow is the big day. If my x-rays look good I will go to 50% weight bearing and then, hopefully, in 4 weeks I will get rid of the crutches for good. It's kind of hard for me to wrap my head around. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited but honestly it's really hard for me to get excited about anything regarding my leg. It seems like the past 18 months have been a constant stream of excitement and then major letdown so my mind is preparing itself for the possibility that something could be wrong tomorrow. I know, I know. I should think positive but it's hard (imagine me saying this in a whiny voice).

On a more positive note I think that my surgeon will be pleased with my progress. As of last Wednesday my range of motion was 112, I've had no issues with riding either the recumbent or conventional bike, and I can keep my leg straight when lifting it straight up in the air. I'm also back to regular weightlifting at the gym and I have lost a few pounds.

No comments: